Newcold are one of Europe’s leading integrated service provider for cold chain logistics. In April 2015 they commissioned a new 55,000 pallet capacity, fully automated cold store warehouse in Wakefield. Critical to their operation was to find a solution to the problem of temperature loss when loading and unloading delivery vehicles.
As UK loading bay specialists, here at Easilift Loading Systems, we were able to work with them to provide an innovative solution which allows Newcold to speed up their loading/unloading process while retaining an unbroken cold chain, removing the issue of temperature loss and contamination.
This innovative solution allows the doors of the docking vehicle to be opened from within the facility only after the vehicle has docked, providing fully controlled access to the vehicle. This is achieved through a unique, 4-sided inflatable shelter which provides a secure environmental seal to all 4 sides of the vehicle body.
As well creating an unbroken cold chain, this innovative solution also:
- Minimises temperature loss from the loading dock and the docked vehicle by the provision of the 4-sided vehicle seal
- Reduces contamination problems by removing the need to open the doors before the vehicle has docked
- Limits access to the vehicle only to personnel within the facility
- Speeds up the loading and unloading process through faster docking
- Removes the need for the driver to leave the cab with the associated Health and Safety benefits.
For more information on how Loading Systems can provide a unique cold storage solution to reduce temperature loss and create an unbroken cold chain, contact us on 0800 160 1965 or at email@example.com