What is a dock bumper?
A dock bumper literally creates a buffer between building and vehicle. On a loading dock, an accident can happen very quickly. The driver of the lorry can make a steering or estimating error while reversing. The result is hard contact between the truck and the loading bay. This can lead to damage to the vehicle and the building. As a result, the costs can sometimes be high. To prevent accidents with the associated costs, dock bumpers can be mounted on both sides of the dock leveller. The bumpers prevent damage by absorbing the impact forces of the vehicle.
Advantages of loading dock bumpers
- Prevent damage to vehicle and loading bay
- Safe docking
- Safer loading and unloading
Adjustable and non-adjustable dock bumpers
In our wide range of loading dock bumpers, we can distinguish two categories. The adjustable/movable dock bumper and the non-movable/fixed dock bumper. The adjustable dock bumpers are vertically movable. Thus, they follow the upward and downward movements of the lorry during loading and unloading. This prevents damage to the dock leveller and the vehicle. In addition, we offer a wide range of fixed/non-movable models, depending on the intensity of loading and unloading. Curious about which dock bumper is most suitable for your application? Take a look at the handy overview below, in which we have put all dock bumpers and their characteristics next to each other.
Solutions for any situation
Different loading situations require different dock bumpers. Each loading bay is uniquely designed to suit the operations of the company in question. This is why at Loading Systems the right solution for the customer is the deciding factor. To make the choice easier, the bumpers are subdivided into the categories: low, medium and high loading frequency. Curious about all the possibilities? Then why not seek advice from one of our specialists. Then together we will look at what best suits your needs.
Low loading frequency: good protection of building and vehicle
Our rubber dock bumpers are made of absorbent rubber with a long life span.
- Available in various sized and models
- Available with a protective plate for intensive use
Average loading frequency: good to excellent protection of building and vehicle
The vertically moving dock bumper is made of steel and rubber and follows the movement of the vehicle.
- Ideal for air-suspended trailers; follows movements
- Available with protection plate for intensive use
Nylon dock buffers
These bumpers are manufactured from high-quality nylon, making them indestructible.
- Very durable: 4x the lifespan of standard dock bumpers
- Bumper block can be used on both sides
The durable lamella dock bumper consists of steel angle bars and impact-absorbing rubber lamellae and a galvanised armour plate.
- Absorbs the impact force even when driving at an angle thanks to the rubber lamellae
High loading frequency: good to excellent protection of building and vehicle
SSB dock bumpers
Spring steel dock bumpers ensure maximum absorption resistance and durability. The spring steel dock bumpers extend the life of your dock.
- Ideal for air-suspended trailers
- Available in different height and depth sizes or as a combination set suitable for high trailers.
Extra strong bumpers
We supply our extra strong dock bumpers in situations that require them.
- Consoles and armoured plate galvanised as standard
- Available in two sizes or as a combination suitable for high trailers
Shock absorbing bumpers
The shock absorbing dock bumper reduces impact to 1/6 of the force.
- Designed for efficient and long-lasting use
- Bumper is shock absorbent and wear resistant
Need a dock bumper for a unique situation?
Adjustable extra strong dock bumper
The dock bumpers are suitable for frequent use and follow the movements of the vehicle.
- Durable and armoured dock bumpers
- Follow the up- and downward movements of the vehicles
Jumbo dock bumper
Containers are often higher than the platform floor. Therefore a higher dock bumper is required.
- Raise can be removed for normal vehicles
Stepped dock bumper
The height adjustable stepped dock bumper is especially designed for our stepped dock solution.
- Bumper can be lowered by foot
Dock bumper guide
Curious about which dock bumper is most suitable for your application? Download the handy overview below in which we have put all dock bumpers and features next to each other.